MICROWAVE BEST GUIDE AND REVIEW
What is a convection microwave oven?
A convection oven is a combination of a standard oven and a convection oven. Therefore, it will not only heat up your food, it will brown it as well. The premise of convection is that it has a fan that sends hot air around the appliance faster, hence cooking the contents faster.
What is an inverter microwave oven?
Non-inverter microwave ovens only cook at a specified heat level. Inverters have different levels of power that allow you to do different things, e.g. – simmer, bake, defrost. It helps cook food evenly.
What are the advantages to using a microwave?
• It will localise and minimise mess
• It will allow you to reheat food quickly
• It will allow you to defrost quickly
• It will alleviate heating up the kitchen with the oven
• If you have a family that come and go at meal times you can prepare one meal for all and they can heat it up at the time they choose
• Saves on space in the kitchen.
Microwave features to consider:
• Size – You can choose the size that suits your families’ needs
• Control – You control the cooking function and modes easily
• Visual monitoring - you can see the cooking effect with a glass panel
• Keeping it clean - cooking mess is confined to a small area
• Sensor Cooking - you can set the microwave to read the size of what you are cooking therefore to heat is exactly to the right temperature
• Child safety lock - you can guard against cooking accidents with children.
• Timer - the food will let you know when it is ready
• Defrost - a user friendly function for those times you forget to defrost something manual or overnight
Microwave safety tips:
• Do not put anything metal in your microwave
• Do not turn the microwave on with nothing in it
• Do not put anything in the microwave that does not display the words “microwave safe” on the packing or the actual item
• Do not put any gold or silver edged crockery in it
• Do not clean with a scourer
• Do not put foil in the microwave
• Egg poachers
• Bacon dishes
• Rice bowls
• Plate covers